|To create a public folder in Outlook:|
1. Expand the "Public Folders" option (container).
2. Right click on this text and select the "New Folder" option (command).
3. Enter a name for the folder.
4. Select the folder's content (types can be e-mails, posts, calendar items, & contacts).
5. Select the location of this folder within all the other public folders' hierarchy.
The administrator can limit who can post (add) things to a public folder (container) using the System Manager.
(Administrative Groups --> <My Group> --> Servers --> <My Server> --> First Storage Group --> Public Folder Store)
As an administrator, you can adjust global settings at this level by right clicking and adjusting the properties. In addition, you can expand it to display another public folder and then limit it.